A central force for propelling the organization forward.
Since its inception, Taylor Corporation has benefited from energetic, principled, and creative leaders at its helm. They are advocates and champions — for our people and our customers. We believe that investing in the development of leaders is a central force for propelling the organization forward and developing employee engagement. Although from varied backgrounds, our leaders share a common vision and values, they possess a passion for “finding a better way,” and are dedicated to building a place where great ideas, innovations, and people can thrive.
Our Leadership Philosophy
We believe that:
- Business results are a reflection of our leadership talent.
- Creating opportunity and security requires the continuous development of human capital.
- Creating the right environment and an engaged workforce is centered on developing and investing in the right leaders.
- It is critical to proactively attract and develop leadership talent “bench strength” to position Taylor for the future.
- Leadership talent must be demonstrated throughout the organization, starting at the executive team, and cascading to every level.
- Accountability includes recognizing and rewarding results by living the values of the organization.
- Alignment of incentives and rewards, as well as teamwork and engagement, are critical to developing and retaining the right leaders.
- Development focuses on both organizational strategic requirements and building individuals’ unique strengths.
Glen Taylor, owner and founder, started his career with Carlson Wedding Service while attending college. He later purchased the business, assembled a passionate leadership team and dramatically expanded the firm’s capabilities through acquisitions and start-ups, bringing its spirit of ingenuity across markets and international borders.
Under Glen’s strategic vision and leadership for the past 40 years, Taylor Corporation's products, services and partnerships have taken many shapes and forms, but its core personality has not changed: focus on the customer and create opportunity and security for Taylor employees. As a result, Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies, has evolved into a successful communications, marketing and interactive solutions provider.
Leveraging the diverse capabilities of its 80+ companies across the globe, Taylor Corporation helps millions of customers celebrate events, achievements and significant milestones as well as assists businesses in expressing their brands and differentiating themselves in the marketplace.
Taylor attended Harvard Graduate School of Business and earned his B.S at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Outside of Taylor Corporation, Glen is active in other business endeavors, such as the Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx, and many civic and charitable causes.